In addition to competitive salary and benefits, there are many reasons to join the Rutgers–Camden community as faculty or staff.
- Rutgers offers employee discounts on a variety of university services, as well as tuition remission for eligible employees.
- We are a catalyst for arts and culture. Throughout the year, our campus hosts concerts, exhibits, author readings, theater and musical performances, lectures, and more.
- Take advantage of our recreational and gym facilities. Employees can work out in the Athletic and Fitness Center for free.
- Faculty and staff have privileges to the entire Rutgers University Libraries system, with more than five million volumes and thousands of digital resources.
- Our commitment to the community gives faculty and staff an opportunity to make an impact on the lives of others. Learn about our intense commitment to civic engagement.
Anchor Institution Helping to Lead the Way
Part of the vibrant University District, we’re an anchor institution helping to revitalize this historic city. Rutgers–Camden is near the bustling medical and government district, where you’ll find Cooper University Hospital, Cooper Medical School, the Coriell Institute for Medical Research, a Ronald McDonald House, Camden City Hall, and a U.S. federal courthouse. More than ever before, businesses and organizations are choosing Camden for their growth. American Water, Subaru of America, Holtec, and the Philadelphia 76ers are among the organizations that recently have joined our city.
A Comfortable and Secure Environment
Rutgers–Camden provides a secure environment, where students, employees, and visitors alike feel comfortable on and around our 40-acre campus.
- On foot, by bicycle, and in patrol cars, the Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) patrols our campus and the surrounding neighborhood around the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- More than 221 cameras deliver real-time laser feeds into our dispatcher, and 82 emergency phones across the campus connect directly to the RUPD.
- Security escorts are available to walk students to their vehicles, housing, and transportation centers, and shuttle bus service provides transportation to and from nearby parking lots morning through evening.